Coding for HIV/AIDS Patient
When billing Medicare A it is important to make sure you are checking your diagnosis when you have an HIV/AIDS patient. That diagnosis needs to be present on the claim in the first 9 diagnosis or you could miss that extra reimbursement. For example, a resident with HIPPS KAXD would be paid roughly $4500 for 9 days. With the AIDS NTA bump and Nursing addon, the reimbursement increases to $6,426.18.
Unlike other healthcare tax accounting firms, Hargis & Associates, LLC has a widely respected reimbursement team. We are dedicated to being on the forefront of the ever-changing financial climate. We understand the need for billing, training and accounts receivables management facing nursing facilities; that is why we ease the process through our advanced, healthcare billing department. With our proven billing services in place, clients improve cash flow by reducing days in outstanding accounts receivables.
Our Billing Services Include:
• Medicare A & B Billing
• Medicaid Billing
• Medicare Replacement/Managed Care Billing
• Medicare A and B Co-Insurance Billing
• Hospice Billing
• Filing of Medicare Credit Balance Report
• Medicare Bad Debt Log for Cost Report
• Online Billing Analysis, Rebilling, and Collections
• Posting of Cash receipts, adjustments, etc.
• Posting of Ancillary charges
• Accounts Receivable Analysis
• On-Site Training
• Billing Assistance Program
Blog by Leah Shoulders, Billing Manager