What We Do
CPA (noun) Trusted expert who helps individuals and nursing facilities envision and shape their financial future. Characterized by COMMITMENT to objectivity, integrity, and competence: excellent PERFORMANCE on behalf of our clients, your residents and your employees: and ACCOUNTABILITY for the highest professional and business ethics.
NEW! Billing Consultant Packages
Hargis is excited to announce that we now offer Billing Consultant services!
We always aim to help our clients in the way that most benefits them. So during these changing times, we have seen that many facilities need a few extra hands on their team. Especially when it comes to billing, claims and collections.
The good news? We are here for you!
We offer packages that are made to fit your facility's individual needs. So, whether you need just a little bit of help and guidance to get back on track or someone to step in to take it over, we have a package for you!
What's better? You simply pay for what you need.
Our cost-effective packages have been designed with you in mind.
• Monthly Access to a Billing Manager via Email or Phone.
• Services from Package A
• Individual Claim Assistance
• Quarterly Hot Topic Call
• MSP Assistance
• Services from Packages A and B
• Quarterly A/R Review
• PCC/AHT/Matrix- System Review (Payer and Rates Setup Issues
• Insurance Contract Review
• Monthly Bad Debt Log Review, PIP Review, PIP Change Request Letter
* Billing Consultant Services: Packages Starting at $250
Accounting & Consulting
In healthcare, the only constant is change. Your organization deserves trusted individuals working with your team to optimize financial workflow. Strategically plan for future changes to easily adapt your organization without disrupting the rest of your business. We deliver quality solutions tailored to your accounting practices and minimize risks associated with reimbursement shifts and policy reform.
- Bookkeeping Services
- Financial Statement Compilations & Reviews
- Cost & Reimbursement Assessments
- Rate Projections & Reviews
- Growth Planning & Implementation
- Facility Appraisal Analysis
- Resident Roster Reviews
- Software Analysis & Set-up
- Conventional & HUD Loan Applications
- Medicare and Medicaid Cost Report Preparation
- Industry Comparatives-PPDs and Dollars
- Strategic Planning
- Resident Funds (escrow) Accounts Review
- QuickBooks Accounting Assistance
"Hargis & Associates prepared our Medicaid Cost Report for Rural Health Clinic licensure in 2004 and have prepared our Medicare Cost Report every year since 2004. We have never had any issues with any of our cost reports! They have always done a great job for us!" ~ Joann Nolan, Practice Administrator, London Women's Care, PLLC
Specialized Service: Buying a SNF
Hargis is knowledgable, prepared and ready!
Are you considering purchasing a SNF? Let us help you navigate the Change of Ownership (CHOW) billing waters. It can be a challenging process to find the way through all the regulatory changes and the fluctuations of cash flow.
Our team is prepared and ready to help!
• Successful suggestions for billing arrangements
• Payer transitions for new provider
• Suggestions for speedy transitions for Level of Care and Prior Authorizations
• If you are purchasing a facility that is our current billing client, let us be your interim biller because we a have access to continue the billing uninterrupted. You benefit in that cash flow is uninterrupted and Hargis acts as intermediary between current and prior owners.
Streamlined Long-Term Care Billing Services
Significantly lower your average collection period!
Unlike other healthcare tax accounting firms, Hargis & Associates, LLC has a widely respected reimbursement team. We are dedicated to being on the forefront of the ever-changing financial climate. We understand the need for billing, training and accounts receivables management facing nursing facilities; that is why we ease the process through our advanced, healthcare billing department. With our proven billing services in place, clients improve cash flow by reducing days in outstanding accounts receivables.
- Medicare A Billing
- Medicare B Billing
- Medicaid Billing
- Co-Insurance Billing
- Medicare Bad Debt Recovery
- Accounts Receivable Analysis
- Billing Assistance Program
- In-House Training
"Hargis & Associates provides us with billing and training for our staff. They are knowledgeable, responsive and thorough." ~ Pamela DePrez, President, Heritage House Group
Manage your tax department with the knowledge needed to efficiently and effectively build a better bottom line with our tax solutions. Reduce the risk of overlooking tax credits and incentives. Hargis & Associates works for your business to identify opportunities resulting in optimal tax savings. We do the work for you; saving you time and resources.
Our dedicated and experienced staff successfully works with your team and the IRS during any tax auditing process. Faithfully rely on us to provide value-added insight.
- Business Tax
- State & Local Tax
- Personal Tax
- Property Tax
- Tax Credits & Incentives
- Cost Segregation
- Fixed Asset Services
- Tax Audits
"For over 30 years, Hargis and Associates has been a trusted advisor and friend of Superior Care Home. At every turn, Gene and his staff deliver a high level of professionalism, thoroughness and expertise to assist us and help sustain our organization’s financial stability. The value that Hargis and Associates deliver to our organization cannot be overstated." ~ Helen Sims Superior Care Home Inc. Paducah, KY
Providing solutions to all of your payroll needs! We can help streamline your payroll processes and make your tax filing simple and efficient. Learn more about our sister company Abacus PaySystems.